Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Waiting and Watching [Open]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Waiting and Watching [Open]  Empty
PostSubject: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Hex sauntered into the Hall at a slow, relaxed pace. He stopped for a while, glancing around, scanning the faces of the students. He smiled at some whom he recognized, but he quickly realized that the mood in the Hall wasn't especially bright today, maybe even glum. It had been that way ever since poor Colin and had been petrified. He sighed, making his way over to his respective table, sitting down, he summoned a coffee pot without a word and started. He was done in a few minutes, he leaned back and relaxed, and raised the goblet to his lips, starting to drink.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Basil walked into the hall, nervously playing with the strap of her bag on her shoulder. It seemed as if the whole mood of the castle had changed over night. It made her nervous. Basil sits down at her house table and drops her bag on the floor. She nervously taps her fingers on the table before picking up an apple and turning it in her hands. She looked about the hall, waving to Hex.
Back to top Go down
Leo Montague
Admin
Leo Montague

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Leo stared in front of her. There was a blank, dead expression on her face. Her eyes showed hardly any sign of life at all. What could have caused this sort of effect on a teenage girl? Was it some sort of hidden secret, a burden on her chest, restless sleep made up of nightmares?
Not this time. This time, it was simply the Transfiguration essay she had in front of her.
'Why did I choose this subject?' Leo growled viciously under her breath. 'Why does McGonagall have to teach it?' Leo had an immense amount of respect for Professor McGonagall, but with the amount of work, the rigid deadlines for the work, and her stern manner occasionally made Leo want to break out of the Transfiguration classroom and run for the Forest.
Like now. Running through the Forest, compared with doing an essay? She knew what she would rather do at that moment.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:35 pm

It was odd, it was odd how he retained his good mood when all the others were paranoid, it was like a shadow had fallen on them and that was odd. He should be the one that was paranoid, hounding the monster, trying to catch it ... but that was an impossible feat, he had given up on that. He was the old Hex now, but he had a feeling inside his gut. He wasn't that happy now, it was like the atmosphere of the room had changed him for a while. He smiled faintly at Basil, nodding instead of waving, since his hands were clutching the goblet of coffee. He drank again. He noticed that Leo was staring at an essay, he had done it the other night, after playing Quidditch. "Hey." He said to Leo, sipping again. "Having trouble?" He gestured to the essay.
Back to top Go down
Leo Montague
Admin
Leo Montague

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Leo blinked. Someone was talking to her. 'Oh ... hey Hex.' She wrinkled her nose slightly at the smell of coffee. 'Me, trouble, never.' Leo sighed. 'I'm actually not having trouble. I know the work, I just don't have the motivation to do it.'
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Krueger

Scarlet Krueger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Scarlet shuffled silently into the hall, she kept her head down. Hoping not to be noticed, as always. She sat down at Hufflepuff table and pulled her homework out from her bag. She picked up a muffin from a nearby plate and started munching on it, trying to get herself motivated enough to finish her work. She sat there, and quietly started making notes from her previous divination lesson.
She looked up to see Leo sitting across the hall, thank fully she was too busy looking at something to notice her.

Good, I'm not in the mood to be yelled at again.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Basil watched the two Gryffindor's from across the hall. She crosses her arms and rest her chin one them, watching. Waiting. She yawned and buried her face in her arms. Tired. She was tired. She brought her face back up to watch the two again, her eyes quickly darting around the hall every few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:45 pm

He chuckled slightly and placed the goblet of coffee a far way off, so the aroma didn't reach Leo, it was almost finished anyways. "The motivation? Hmm ... Then you can do it when you're in a good mood ..." He shrugged, pausing, thinking about it. "What will motivate you then? Hmm?" While he was waiting for an answer, he saw a Hufflepuff enter the Hall, a bit too silently, he could tell she didn't want to be noticed. His gaze lingered on her for a while before looking back at Leo and then at Basil who seemed to be watching them.
Back to top Go down
Leo Montague
Admin
Leo Montague

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:49 pm

'Um.' Leo stared blankly. 'I don't know. If I knew that, I wouldn't be having problems, would I?' Leo's eyes were on Scarlet. Her jaw clenched slightly and she shifted in her chair. Not now, just give her a break. Leo took a deep breath. You can't blame her for everything.
As Scarlet moved past the Ravenclaw table, Leo saw Basil. 'Why is Basil staring at us?' she asked bluntly.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Basil smiles weakly at Hex and Leo from her position at the Ravenclaw table. She was bored. Very bored. Watching the two Gryffindor's seemed to be the only thing that kept her from falling asleep. Her eyes looked around the hall again, seeing if there was anything else that seemed interesting to her. A Hufflepuff ha entered the hall. Someone she didn't know. She shrugs, her eyes returning back to the Gryffindor table.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:55 pm

"Indeed you wouldn't, you just need to find the proper motivation." The last part, he whispered. He narrowed his eyes and thought about it more. "There has to be something ..." He trailed off. "Well, then, I did it after playing Quidditch, I was a bit like you, not motivated enough but I guess Quidditch motivated me since I finished it easily. You obviously like Quidditch, right?" He asked, noticing the tension between the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, he didn't know what was up, but something was wrong, he shrugged. A smile crept up on his face. "Why don't you ask her?" He suggested, nodding back at Basil ... again.
Back to top Go down
Leo Montague
Admin
Leo Montague

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:04 pm

'Quidditch.' Leo swallowed. 'Yeah ... Yeah, I like it.' Her voice was a little shaky. What a subject to turn to. 'Except I'm not sure if flying would be the best thing for me at the moment.' She glanced at Scarlet again. A thought crossed her mind - What if there are other things she's keeping to herself? Did Leo think Scarlet had an obligation? If people could get hurt, yes, Leo thought resolutely. She knew ... She knew, and yet ... now look where I am. A dark look flashed over Leo's face. It was gone as soon as it appeared.
Leo stared at Basil. 'No, I think I'll wait for her to come to us.' Briefly, she remembered the Duelling Club she was setting up. Oh Merlin, I had completely forgotten!
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Basil watches Hex nod. What was up with him nodding? It was quite annoying. Basil yawned and sat up, realizing she still had an apple clutched in her hand. She placed it on the table, surprised to see marking from her hand on the apple. The mood in the hall had made her tense. She didn't like it. She replaced the apple back to the center of the table and took a different one. She began to turn this one in her hands also, still watching Leo and Hex. She sighed. This was getting quite boring also. Basil gets up and walks over to the two, glancing at Hex before sitting down in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Leo Montague
Admin
Leo Montague

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:11 pm

'Is there something you want, Basil?' Leo asked. 'I know my beauty is stunning, but you can't look at me all the time. I'd blind you.' Her tone was dry. 'You look dull,' Leo added, fixing up her parchment. Her eyes flickered up. 'No offence.' She threw the parchment in her bag and packed her quill set up.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:17 pm

He noticed that her voice was shaky, he was noticing a lot of things today, it annoyed him but he guessed it was a good skill. "What do you mean? You're good at flying, I know that." He knew there was something was going on between Leo and the Hufflepuff, he decided not to ask since it was her own personal matter. "Alright then, and Leo ..." He trailed off for a bit. "I've heard that you have your own duelling club, word travels fast around here, we all know that Lockhart's is ship. So, can I join?" He asked. "Hello Basil." He said simply. "Sleepy?"
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:21 pm

"Oh yeah, stunning." She said sarcastically, fighting the urge to roll her eyes. "You really should get your head checked, Leo. It seems to be getting too big..." She says. Basil yawns. "Looking for a way to entertain myself. Was feeling a bit bored." She said shrugging. She frowned. "Dull?" She stared at Leo for a minute. Dull... That was a new one. Basil turns to Hex. "Hello Hex." She rubs her eyes. "Very"
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Krueger

Scarlet Krueger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:24 pm

She looked over to Leo, unable to help herself. She saw that two other people had joined her.
She looked down quickly, just in case Leo had caught her staring.
She looked back down at her parchment, concentrating once again on her homework.
Now... what am I going to unicorn up this week?
Back to top Go down
Leo Montague
Admin
Leo Montague

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:25 pm

'Sure you can,' Leo replied, although she wasn't certain if she was going to end up organising anything. She had underestimated how busy the NEWTs were. She looked at Basil, the ghost of a smirk flitting across her face. 'Yes, Basil. Dull. And I think my head is just the right size for my body, actually.' Leo spied a bowl of jelly babies and dove for them. She had thrown a handful in her mouth before she had realised it was probably polite to share.
Leo held the bowl out. 'Would you like a jelly baby?'
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:26 pm

He couldn't stop a grin slowly spreading on his face, as he heard Basil and Leo talk, he remained silent throughout their conversation. "Thanks." He muttered, listening, chuckling every once in a while. "Jelly babies?" He asked incredulously. "Well, I am a bit hungry so ..." He reached out for one, chuckling it into his mouth, then remained silent. He noted that Leo hadn't answered his question about the flying, he shrugged. "Thanks again."
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:30 pm

Basil blinked, a bit stunned. Dull... She shook her head. No. Not now. That was definitely not something to be thinking about at the moment. She shook her head when the girl offered her the bowl. "No. I'm good thanks."
Back to top Go down
Leo Montague
Admin
Leo Montague

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Leo grinned, popping another jelly baby in her mouth. Yes, it was true. She loved flying, and she was a good flier - otherwise the old flying instructor back at her old school wouldn't have suggested she try and make it for the national team.
That was the same day that ... Leo's heart jolted, suddenly remembering. Her grin didn't waver, however, and she reached over for a cup of water. 'Okay, more for me then.' She threw a red one up into the air, and it fell into her mouth. She glanced over at Scarlet again. A confrontation was inevitable. But she just wasn't in the mood just yet.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:42 pm

He set out to making another cup of coffee, (actually goblet) when he was done in a few minutes, he poured the coffee into a silver-wrought goblet, filling it to the brim, he began taking sips since it was hot.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Basil crossed her arms, watching the two Gryffindors. She wrinkled her nose when she saw Hex drink the coffee. She really didn't know how people could drink the stuff. It was too bitter for her taste. She shook her head. Again. Not something she should be thinking about at the moment. Basil yawned, and leaned against the table. The silence made get uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Leo Montague
Admin
Leo Montague

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:51 pm

What a trio we make, Leo thought wryly, looking from Hex to Basil. Neither of them were offering up topics for conversation, so Leo decided to leave them with their silence.
She took the bowl of jelly babies with her as she walked over to Scarlet, taking a deep breath on the way.
'Jelly baby?' she asked, holding out the bowl at her. What is this, a peace offering?
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Krueger

Scarlet Krueger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:55 pm

'No thanks, not a fan' She said taking a bite from her muffin. She looked looked up at Leo and opened her mouth then closed it and turned back to her table.

Best not to say anything

ooc: brb... chores :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Watching [Open]    Waiting and Watching [Open]  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waiting and Watching [Open]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next