Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So long [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lily Luna Prewett

Lily Luna Prewett

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 4:03 am

Lily found herself drawn the the trophy room for the first time in months. She opened the door cautiously, before moving in to the room upon finding it empty and closing the door once more behind her. She headed straight to the back, to the cabinet and stared at the picture. Man how she hated them, but she couldn't help wondering about them. Would they be proud of her? Would they support her decisions? She sighed, sinking against the cabinet, sliding to the ground. What are you doing to yourself? You need to get out of here. she told herself, not really able to think straight.
Back to top Go down
Veronica Hawthorne

Veronica Hawthorne

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 am

Veronica had been wandering around the school, trying to familiarize herself with the grounds as she was wont to do, when she realized she was completely lost. How had she ended up in this part of the castle? She vaguely remembered going up some stairs before she went off in an argument with herself in her mind. Inner monologues helped her clear the cobwebs in her brain, but now she was physically lost. You solve one problem and then get hit by another one. Great.

But soon, her curiosity bested her self-reprimanding side, and Veronica was now actively exploring, opening doors and emitting small "Hmm"s and "Huh"s of awe. The old stone castle never failed to surprise her. She passed a row of armors, and came across a closed door. After evaluating the chances of something big and scary popping out of the room and finding that it would be very unlikely, she slowly and quietly opened the door, unconsciously taking a deep breath and holding it...before letting it all out at once in surprise. So this is the trophy room...Pfft, well of course it is. What else could it possibly--

Her own thoughts were interrupted when she realized that there was someone already in the room. A million things came to her mind, and she almost blurted them all out, but she stopped herself. If she hadn't, she would have looked like a mumbling idiot, and she certainly wasn't that. She quickly composed herself and smiled slightly. "Hi," she said to the girl, straightening herself, but otherwise staying perfectly still. "Sorry, I thought it was empty. I hope I wasn't interrupting anything."
Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Prewett

Lily Luna Prewett

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 7:10 am

OOC holy mackerel you write a lot...

She looked up towards the doorway as someone spoke, having been too lost in her own thoughts to pay attention to her surroundings. "Oh no, don't worry, I was just finding a quiet spot to think." She smiled, "you're Veronica right? I recognise your face." Standing, she headed over to the girl, a bright friendly smile on her face. "I'm Lily Luna Louisa Prewett. But most people call me Lily." she said with a grin, "I know, it's a mouthful, but who cares when you look like me?" She couldn't help but laugh at herself, for she certainly was not acting like her usual self, but more like.. well, she wasn't even sure who! "Were you looking for something in particular? I know this room like the back of my hand."
Back to top Go down
Veronica Hawthorne

Veronica Hawthorne

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:10 am

OOC Haha sorry! I don't usually write that much, but first posts usually end up being super long anyway >.>

She frowned for a fraction of a second before smiling again. She was curious to how Lily recognized her, but she was more interested in the girl's behavior. She's like my total antithesis. But that doesn't matter. She deliberately ignored that bit about looks, mainly because she had no idea how to respond, and also because she was sure it had been a rhetorical question. Instead, she shook her head slightly and proceeded to answer the second question. "No, I just got a bit lost and decided to look around. This room is pretty impressive though." She carefully stepped around Lily and glanced at all the trophies.
Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Prewett

Lily Luna Prewett

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:32 am

She studied the girl for reactions, not even knowing who she was, let alone how this girl before her would act towards her. "Lost? Are you that new? It's really not that hard to navigate once you've been here a while." She moved aside to allow the girl past her and watched as she surveyed the trophies and awards that decorated the room. "It certainly is, you can find all the information you need about the best of the school students and history in this room alone." Smiling to herself the moved towards a cabinet, tracing the outlines of some of the trophies.
Back to top Go down
Veronica Hawthorne

Veronica Hawthorne

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:47 am

She stopped in front of a huge cabinet and let out an embarrassed chuckle. "I guess you could say I'm not good with directions, and I have horrible memory concerning places. But you're right, I've really only been here for a couple of weeks. I usually only go to either the Great Hall or the library, so the rest of the castle is a bit of a maze to me." Why was she talking so much? She sighed before turning around to face Lily. "But I'm rambling. What about you, then? Have you been here since you were eleven?"
Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Prewett

Lily Luna Prewett

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:59 am

Sliding back over to her cabinet, she gazed at the picture of her parents for a little while, a small smile on her face. "I guess it can be a bit of a maze if you're not paying attention." she said rather dreamily. "Of course, no matter what happens, I always get to come back year after year with a whole new bunch of people. When I was eleven it was certainly a much different place, and I was a much different person... Oh those were the days." She slid back to her seat at the base of the cabinet. "So how come you've only just moved here? Home schooled or foreign schooled?" she asked, cocking her head slightly.
Back to top Go down
Veronica Hawthorne

Veronica Hawthorne

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 am

She started to actively walk around, her eyes flickering along the various trophies even though her mind was fully focused on the conversation. "That sounds wonderful...Coming back to the same place year after year. So I suppose it's somewhat of a second home. How neat." She stopped and leaned against a wall, facing Lily. "I used to go to Salem Witches' Institute, actually, but we moved so often that my father just decided to tutor me at home. I guess he wants to settle down now, so here I am, clueless of anything that's going on and getting lost." She had said the last few words a bit bitterly, which shocked her and caused her to clear her throat. "So, anything that I should really watch out for in this school? Or anyone, for that matter?" she asked, trying to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Prewett

Lily Luna Prewett

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:26 am

"Yes.. A.. second home.." she repeated the words quietly. She shifted to get comfortable on the stone floor. "Oh, that sounds rather lovely, much nicer than the lives of some who attend here." she smiled weakly before thinking over the year's occurances so far. "Well, I shall warn you of the monster and the chamber of secrets and the heir of Slytherin. But no-one really knows much about it, other than that there has been a few attacks and things are not looking good." she shrugged, "It's not that exciting at the moment really. Oh and.. make sure you keep an eye out for spiders, there's a lot of them crawling around these days."
Back to top Go down
Veronica Hawthorne

Veronica Hawthorne

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:37 am

She froze for a moment before taking a deliberate step away from the wall and swallowed hard before talking again. "Spiders? That's rather...unfortunate..." She shivered slightly and composed herself. Bugs. Great. Just great. "I don't mean to sound slow, but what kinds of attacks are you talking about? And the heir of Slytherin, you say..." She suddenly became too aware of the silver and green tie she was wearing, not to mention the House crest that adorned her robe. "That's um...worrisome, is it not?" she fidgeted with her sleeves, a bit anxious at Lily's matter-of-fact tone.
Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Prewett

Lily Luna Prewett

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:41 am

"You want to know more about it, ask your housemates. They'll all be more than happy to tell you tales about your heritage." she smiled mockingly. "I shouldn't worry too much. I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine. It's only petrifications. Nothing to fret about too much." She smiled warmly once more, "Honestly, just ask around and people will be glad to tell you anything. I on the other hand, pay little attention to happenings these days so do not really know much I'm afraid, making me of little use to you."
Back to top Go down
Veronica Hawthorne

Veronica Hawthorne

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:55 am

She furrowed her brows at Lily's sudden change. What did her heritage have to do with anything? "Only petrifications..." she murmured, her voice trailing off. She chased that thought away as Lily's tone changed once again, the more familiar friendly tone. "Well, I suppose not paying attention might be better than knowing everything about something like this." She unconsciously leaned against the wall again. A potentially dangerous question was on the tip of her tongue, but she didn't know whether to ask or not. Lily's earlier statement made it seem like there was something off about Slytherins, and Veronica herself understood. The first thing they had asked was her blood status, for goodness' sake! She realized that she was mentally going off a tangent, and smiled at Lily. "So, big scary monster, some sort of chamber, and spiders. Oh, and the heir person. I will keep those in mind." She grimaced. "Did that sound too flippant?" she asked, worried that she had said something out of line.
Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Prewett

Lily Luna Prewett

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:00 am

Lily nodded in silence as Veronica spoke, watching her. She wasn't much like a Slytherin, in fact she thought the girl had been a Ravenclaw until she saw the tie. It had surprised her, but she had also been surprised when she'd been sorted and was given the choice between Slytherin and Gryffindor. She smiled slightly at the memory of her sorting, before realising there had been a silence between them. She opened her mouth to speak just as the girl began speaking, so soon closed it again. "Oh sweetie, you sound like you'll fit in perfectly." she grinned.
Back to top Go down
Veronica Hawthorne

Veronica Hawthorne

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 am

She sighed in relief and stood a bit straighter against the wall. "Oh I'm so glad to hear that. I don't think I made a huge impression on some of my housemates, as you called them, so I was worried that I was way too socially awkward." She tilted her head slightly and smiled at Lily. "Were you about to say something, though? I'm sorry if I interrupted you."
Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Prewett

Lily Luna Prewett

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 am

"Oh sweetie, don't worry about them. Most of them just need someone to give 'em a good whack." she laughed and curled her arms around her legs. "Oh, I was only going to ask how you were getting on with your classes. I mean, I know starting late can lead to a lot of pressure and stuff, and I like to make sure everyone's getting on alright." She smiled kindly, thinking back to how, not too long ago, she had been way behind on work and her grades were low, then, thanks to Vine, she had pulled them right up and was the currently the top student in her year.
Back to top Go down
Veronica Hawthorne

Veronica Hawthorne

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:21 am

"Oh! Yes, that's exactly what I thought when they talked to me. They were rather...rude." Of course that wasn't the word she wanted to use, but it was the only proper one to use in conversation. She smiled and let out a small sigh. "Classes are fine, for the most part. The grading system is a bit different, and I'm still getting used to the feeling of not being called on when I raise my hand, but that's about it." She giggled lightly. "That probably made me sound a bit stuck-up."

OOC Oops, I must leave for dinner! I will be back in a bit :)
Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Prewett

Lily Luna Prewett

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:30 am

"Not at all. Well, I'm glad you're finding it okay." Glancing at her watch, lily did a double take. "Oh my! It's getting rather late, in fact.. pushing close to curfew. We really ought to be getting back to the common rooms now. Are you going to be alright finding your way?" she asked with a friendly tone, pushing her hair from her face to tuck it behind her ears.

ooc I'm going soon to sleep anyway. Nice rp-ing with you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So long [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long [open]   So long [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So long [open]
Page 1 of 1