Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Left Alone to Think (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

Left Alone to Think (open) Empty
PostSubject: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Basil couldn't take it anymore. She had to be alone. Climbing up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower, she knew well that she wasn't suppose to be anywhere near the top of it. In fact, she shouldn't even be climbing up the stairs at the current moment. But she had to clear her head. Lightly pushing open the door as she reached the top, she looked about the landing of the tower before stepping out into the some what cold night. Basil made her way over to the edge of the tower before seating herself and looking up at the sky, the small stars twinkling back at her. The past few weeks had been hard for her. She had kept to the shadows, remained hidden. Almost no one saw her except those who shared the dorm with her, and even they didn't see her often enough. She just had to be alone to clear a few things from her head, that was all. Though, the school work she received didn't help much, she had almost done it. She let a small smile form on her lips, something that felt so weird for not having done it in a while. But you know what? That smile helped her even more...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Cypress made her way up the Astronomy Tower's stairs, her heels making silent clicks. She was getting extra punishment for her stunt she did to that first year Gryffindor;freezing the lake over him while he was swimming.He could have at least tried to use magic, she thought insolently. She didn't recieve any particular scolding from Professor Snape,but a large,droning one from the Headmistress.Plus having many points taken away,which didn't really effect her,Cypress had been given extra homework. She was assigned to chart down multiple constellations for Astronomy,much to her disliking.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:04 pm

o o c - Headmistress or Headmaster?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:16 am

O o ch Headmistress.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:41 am

ooc - Ah, I understand. Deputy headmistress. ;) I thought you were talking about Dumbledore.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 am

Basil's head snapped up at the sound of the clicking of boots. Oh, no. Not in the mood to get caught today. Quickly and as quietly as she could, she slid into the shadows, out of the moonlight. She sat there, her breathing quiet, not making a sound. She sat there, waiting to see the person to reveal themselves, hoping not to be revealed herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:40 am

Cypress swiftly opened the door, entering what appeared to be the empty astronomy tower. She went to the ledge, looking out over the clear, cool sky. It was feeling slightly warmer out, a sign that Spring was coming. And Easter holidays, she thought with a smirk to herself. She levitated her papers and charts in the air, muttering curse words to herself about the breeze and McGonagall. Cypress briefly sensed another body in the room, and turned around, her sharp gaze looking about the room.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:49 am

Basil's eyes followed the girl into the room. By instinct, her head tilted to the side and her eyes squinted, trying to identify the student. She had been relieved when she had found out that the one who had entered, hadn't been a teacher. But thoughts now came to her that the student, in fact, could be a prefect. In that case, she wasn't safe at all. She had been caught up here once already by the Head Boy, and once was enough. But then, once again, another thought came to her. If it was in fact just a student, she still could get caught. You're over thinking this, Basil. She told herself. And it wouldn't be the first time she had over thought a situation like this. Being a Ravenclaw had it's ups and downs. Her eyes widened slightly as the student began to look about the tower, as if they knew she was there. She pushed herself farther into the shadows, making a small rustling sound as she did so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:58 am

Cypress could hear, distinctly, the girl's breaths and moving. She left her papers floating above the ledge, advancing nearer to the shadows, in the direction she believed was where the noise was eminating. She withdrew her wand from her cloak, keeping it snug in her palm. Noticing it was rather dark, she murmured,"Lumos," a small glow of light appearing in the shadows. She cast it outwards, attempting to reveal the figure's identity.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:04 am

Basil yelps as the darkness suddenly is lightened by a bright light. Covering her face with her hands and rubbing her eyes she curses under her breath. Of course, she hadn't been careful enough once again. "I would appreciate it greatly if you would either lower your wand, or put the light out, thank you very much." She states, her eyes tightly shut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:09 am

O o ch I have to go for a bit, I'll be back.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:10 am

o o ch: Alright. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:53 am

Cypress smirked a bit as the girl finally revealed herself. She didn't recognize her voice, but her face was still hidden. With a wave of her wand, the light diminished, and she said firmly."Reveal yourself and purpose." She sounded a bit amused, wondering if she wanted to report this.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:01 am

Basil rubbed her eyes, trying to get the small black dots from the light to disappear. She muttered a quiet thank you before standing up and stepping out of the shadows. Still blinking, trying to regain her eyesight fully she stated, "I'm just up here to be up here. Now... What are you up here for? You disturbed me in my thoughts."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:06 am

Cypress saw as the girl finally came out of the shadows;Basil Blishwick,some Ravenclaw. Cypress saw her around, but never heard her actually speak or do anything, really. She snorted, returning to her unpleasant work of the skys."Your thoughts have no value to me. Your whereabouts to why you are here, though, are of some importance."
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:11 am

She looked at the other girl, a look of concentration on her face. The Slytherin that stood before her looked somewhat familiar. Then again, almost everyone did to her. She was that good with faces and names, just words on textbooks. Crossing her arms, she looked at the other girl before laughing lightly. "My whereabouts are never important, I can assure you that." She tilted her head slightly to the side, "So why would they be now?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:19 am

Cypress shrugged indifferently while writing. The girl apparently did not recognize her."Your whereabouts are never a necessity to me, I assure, but I believe you aren't supposed to be up here at the moment. I have...permission." She said it as though a privilege. Cypress knew Basil wasn't supposed to be up here at the moment, and considered ratting her in.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:24 am

Basil shrugged. "Permission? Who needs that when you can just do it anyways? Besides if theyreally didn't want anyone up here, they'd put a charm or something to make sure no one comes up here without permission." She watched as the Slytherin girl was writing, shaking her head slightly before looking up. "If you're going to snitch on me, go right ahead. I really don't care anymore."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 am

Cypress silently debated telling on the girl."True," she laughed coldly,"why not miss an opportunity to break school rules." She looked at the sky, using a telescope to chart her constellations down. She had a long way to go, and this Basil was providing entertainment."Are you aware of whom I am?" She thought that maybe ratting the ravenclaw out would gain McGonagall's and Dumbledore's "trust". They were keeping a close eye on her, and Cypress would take forceful action to put an end to it. However, tattling about someone breaking the rules would be a "heroic" act, especially from a Slytherin. Conflict shown on her face while she did her work.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:33 am

Still reading the girl's writing over her shoulder, she gave another shrug. "Why not? What's the fun in following them. Rules were made to be broken." She yawned quietly, her eyes wandering up to the sky. "In fact, I am not fully aware of who you are. I'm not very good with faces and names. I think I may have seen you before, but I'm not completely positive." She rambles on. "Care to enlighten me?" She said, looking back down at the girl's paper, then to the sky, then back to the paper, the look of concentration on her face once more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Cypress was completely aware of the girl leaning over her. She stood up straightly, noticing Basil looking a her work. Filthy Ravenclaws, she thought insolently."I don't really care, but I'll enlighten your poor thoughts. I am Cypress Black. Seventh year at this bloody school," she added under her breath. And I can't wait to get the unicorn out of here, she thought silently."I've noticed you around here." Cypress had almost completely made up her mind to rat out the claw.. Regardless or not if Blishwick cared, she needed the staff trusting her to be a good girl.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Taking one last look at the paper, she thought, Yup, that's wrong. She takes as step away from the girl, her attention once more on the sky, freezing slightly at the name of Black. She shook her head, getting the thoughts out. And I was doing perfectly fine before this. She once more thought to herself. "You've seen me around? Really? Where? I'm usually not out and about that much. Only for classes." And even then I'm not noticed much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:42 pm

She barely shrugged, finishing up some last stars."With some Slytherin," she paused showing disapproval to that," and...I don't know or care, I don't make it a habit to become interested with you. There's always a slump in your walk, as though you are...sad." Cypress guessed this might touch a nerve. She seemed to perk up at her name.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Basil flinched once more, trying to hide it, but failing terribly. "I'm usually not like that." She muttered quietly, nervously chewing on her lip. "I've... Been going through some stuff." She ran a hand through her brown locks, deep in thought. If this girl was trying to get under her skin, she certainly was. Yet, there was something she couldn't quite put her finger on, and that bothered her greatly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Cypress turned back to her finished work, closing it up in a notebook, smirking."Stuff?" She laughed lightly yet harsh. Cypress turned to face the Ravenclaw."If you don't mind, I am going to report you to the headmistress. Care to accompany me? I hope you understand, I need their trust after my.."she pulled an annoyed face,"stunt. Incident." She put her cloak around her, ready to depart almost cheerfully. As cheerful as she could be, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left Alone to Think (open)   Left Alone to Think (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Left Alone to Think (open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next