HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

High Places Help Me Think [open]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Devon pulled his cloak tighter against himself as the blast of cold wind hit him from the open door. Smiling slightly he stepped into the wind and walked over to the parapet. Leaning against it and looking up at the stars, a genuine smile spread over his face. High places were beginning to comfort and excite him. It was slightly overcast, but that didn't bother him. It is England after all, he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm

With a slight yawn, Captain rubbed her eyes. She'd traded Prefect shifts with a boy from Hufflepuff last night so he could get some much needed rest. Honestly, that boy needed to stop simply accepting the worst shifts and say something. But he wouldn't. And being the insomniac Captain was, she was more than willingly to give him a break now and then. Still, the night had been cold and quiet, something Captain usually looked forward to, but now the castle had a sort of eerie feeling to it, almost expectant. Like it knew something she didn't. Which it did actually, it knew what was sneaking around, maybe even close to the Ravenclaw prefect, which was another reason she found it best to trade shifts with the Hufflepuff prefect; no half bloods would be attacked. Staying up the night left Kaila with a strange sort of energy that had her moving about, shifting over parts of the castle to search for that odd feeling the walls gave her. After making her rounds long past her designated shift, she found her feet moving her towards the astronomy tower. Funny place to be wandering to, she thought. But quiet at least. There didn't seem to be anyone about as the Ravenclaw prefect pushed open the wooden door to the deck.

Captain Darington
Ravenclaw. Year seven. Shy, quiet, clever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm

The slight noise of the door opening behind him alerted him to somebody else's presence. Frowning he turned around, his hand on his wand in his cloak pocket. Who else would be out here at this time? Who would dare? He squinted a bit at the figure. "Uh... hello..." he said quietly knowing it was probably too late to hide himself and not really wanting to anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Captain heard the slight shuffling from the otherside of the door before she fully opened it. She sighed a bit. Gryffindors no doubt, out on a dare. Honestly, they were giving her hand cramps from the number of recently written detention slips. She reached for said note pad of slips as she walked out, but was pleasantly proven wrong. "Will it be detention me or Professor Lockheart, your choice- Oh." She blinked a few times at the Slytherin boy. "Devon. Hello. I didn't expect to see you here..."

Captain Darington
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Devon blinked again and smiled when he recognized the voice. Kaila. "Detention with you? And what would that include?" He couldn't help but wonder what she was up to out this late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Kaila smiled a bit at her friend. How odd to run into him at this time in such a place. "Well," She began "I hope you like picking trash from the Quidditch stands while I practice." She teased a bit, chucklingat her own joke.

Captain Darington
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:00 pm

He grimaced slightly. "And here I was hoping it would have to do with something bookwise. I think I'll pass." He walked over and gave her a hug. "How've you been, Kaila? Prefect duties going alright?" He looked at her closely trying to see if there was any signs of major sleep problems or school exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:04 pm

Kaila smiled. "Well, I used to do that, but no one knew how to handle to arrange them properly and I couldn't bear to watch thoose books abused that way." She shivered a bit at the recolections of dirty fingers gripping too hard on weathered books and flinging them around. She embraced her friend as he approached, smiling up at him. "All good, no complaints. Working as a prefect has never been easier I think actually, everyones too scared to leave their dorms at night."

Captain Darington
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:07 pm

"Except for us, eh?" he smirked a bit. "We're out here. Nobody could hear our screams. We must be insane." He laughed slightly trying to dispell the slight creepiness he felt from himself. Where did that come from? "But that's good. People are less likely to find us then. You aren't on duty right now, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:10 pm

The prefect grinned. "Oh yes, quite insane I suspect. Here I am risking my life for the sake of catching people out of bed, and here you are... Doing I don't know what, but probably not something worth facing a monster for." She chuckled a bit again. "Yes yes, on duty. Traded shifts with the Huffepuff prefect actually, poor boy."

Captain Darington
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:16 pm

"Good. Then I don't have to worry about another prefect snooping around. Then again, I probably would've taken any punishment." He shrugged unconcerned with getting caught. Ever since his return, he didn't care. No punishment could be as bad as what he had suffered. "I'm just clearing my head. Can't sleep. It happens."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:18 pm

"Now, the way you say that is like the prefects are the ones up to no good." She said in mock seriousnes, crossing her arms and everything. She noded a bit to hear his explanation. "I understand. Sometimes I feel the need to move about when I can't sleep... Then again, I have the authority to do so. As a captain and a prefect." She grinned a bit.

Captain Darington
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:23 pm

"And I don't?" he said mock exasperatedly. "Come on, now. If it's a witch prefect, I could probably charm my way out. Maybe even if it was a wizard depending...." He shrugged with a slight smirk. "No offense, Captain, but it's most probably true."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:27 pm

Captain was suddenly struck with an image of Devon hanging off the arm of a certain red headed Gryffindor prefect and found she couldn't hold back a burst of laughter. She quickly fixed herself and stopped, still grinning though. She sighed a bit in mock exasperation. "Well, then what luck it is for the rules today they should not be sqaundered since I was the one to find you."

Captain Darington
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:33 pm

"Wait, does that mean I'll actually have to watch you practice?" He shrugged again. "Oh well, I can think of worse things. And technically I'll be spending time with my friend." He smiled realizing just how amusing he was being for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:36 pm

"Well, that's my normal punishment. I think it's effective, I get to practice, they get punished, and the stands get cleaned. But I mostly use that since most people are too daft to understand anything else I would do but Quidditch. Something tells me you don't fit into that catogory." She shrugged a bit.

Captain Darington
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:41 pm

"Then what did you have in mind? At least I'm good with books." He smiled slightly wondering what Captain would tell him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:45 pm

"I'll see if the professors need anything done first. Usually one of them has a task they want done by a student, so they leave it to prefects if it requires care or people in detention if it's something as simple as cleaning." She shrugs a bit. "Usually the professors ask certain prefects for tasks. For instance Madame Hooch often comes to me for tasks, hence the usual punishment of cleaning stands."

Captain Darington
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Tor yawned widely as he made his way up the astronomy tower stairs. Rubbing his eyes he walked through the door and nearly tripped himself in the process, laughing at the almost failed situation he regained his balance and looked around the small landing and spotted to figures standing not too far away.

Hufflepuff - 7th Year - Gentle soul
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:47 pm

He was about to say something when somebody tripped through the door. "What...?" He stared at the boy curiously. "Who're you and what're you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Kaila heard the person crash through the door behind them. She turned quickly, contemplating weather to pull out her wand or her detention note pad. But she blinked a few times to realize she instantly reconized the Hufflepuff boy. "Tor." She greeted with a smile.

ooc: Meeting of the blondes is now in session.

Captain Darington
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

He blinked before grinning widely at Kaila and moved over to stand beside her. "Kaila." He looked coolly over at the Slytherin boy. "Tor. But I don't really see how that concerns you. And... What am I doing here?" He questioned himself before glancing once again at the other boy and moved closer to Captain.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Tor, eh? The one she told me about. He sized the boy up obvious then shrugged. "Devon. We wouldn't know. Only you would know." He couldn't being rude. What was this? Interrupt my thoughts, then interrupt my meeting with Kaila day? He was being immature and jealous, but he didn't care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Kaila smiled brightly at the Hufflepuff boy as he moved to stand with her. It faded a bit as the bpy's regarded each other. Boys will be boys. "Now now you two," She began "We're all friends here." She said with a bit of a smile. "But what are you doing up and here at such a time, Tor?"

Captain Darington
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:01 pm

He raised an eyebrow at Devon and shrugged. "It is hot and stuffy down in the common room, so I decided to go for a walk." He smiled back at Kaila. "What about everyone up here? Must be a popular choice." He looked around the tower and walked over to the railing to lean against it. "Besides, it is nice to look at the stars instead of the hospital wing's ceiling."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   

Back to top Go down

High Places Help Me Think [open]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next