Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breathtaking(Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Charlotte stepped into the Great Hall, her hazel eyes still widening at the magnificence of it all; after being here for three weeks, she still was dazzled by the number of students, the great head table, and the ceiling that appeared to be stormy. Charlotte probably looked like a fool, gaping like a muggle. She stared rooted to the ground, looking about the tables, searching for her own house.
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Cassius stared down at the parchment below him. His perfect handwriting was scrawled over the paper elegantly, explaining the potions essay in perfect detail. The bluenette really didn't have anything else much to do but work on his schoolwork really. The Slytherin sat at the end of his house table, by himself. The way he liked it.
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Blinking, Charlotte finally made her way to the Slytherin table, going to a corner; she didn't yet feel comfortable sitting in the middle, with all the chats and liveliness of friends about her. She slid down onto an end seat, across from a Slytherin boy. He appeared to have no friends, and she, having hardly any, smiled and said."Hello, there." My darn accent, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Cassius didn't lift his gaze from his essay for a few moments after the girl sat down in front of him. His saphire blue eyes calmly regarded the girl in front of him. How odd, he thought to himself. No one sat with him. Cassius realized he hadn't seen her around before. Must be new... Or just not interesting enough for me to have noticed before. American, he noted dully from her accent. Not the first he had met. "Evening."
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:46 pm

She noticed he was busy with some assignment and his voice sounded unwelcoming. Charlotte could tell he probably wished to be left alone, but she wasn't one to give up so easily. Besides, just because he wasn't interested in a conversation didn't mean she couldn't start one. Instead of saying a usual 'hello' or introducing herself, she merely, and bluntly, stated the obvious."Your lack of interest in knowing who I am is quite fascinating. Most jump straight to question my accent or who I am. Thank you." It was random. Unlike her.
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Cassius turned his eyes back down to his paper, scanning over for any mistakes. He listented to the girl absently, idly pushing back a few strands of cerulean blue hair from his face. He almost felt a twinge of amusment at the girl's words. Almost. "I am quite sure your accent isn't of moderate interest to me." He said a bit dryly. I am much more interested to know why you're here. He didn't say the last part.
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm

She barely heard his words, as she was focusing in on his looks. Blue eyes, blue hair, very peculiar for a student. She thought it was strange, but she admired his boldness. It did look rather neat. Charlotte didn't comment on the matter, thinking it might boost his ego or might just plainly not matter to him. She would have usually ignored this type, condescending and all, but she stayed where she was, playing with her blonde hair. She pulled out a book to keep her mind preoccupied. Divination. She hated it."Do you take Divination?" she asked lightly, not looking up from the complex book.
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Cassius waited for a moment, but she didn't say anything. He turned back to his work, finishing up anything that needed finishing. But it was done, perfectly he might add. He slipped the parchment into his book bag and pulled another assignment that needed revisiting. He dully noted the girl spoke again. "I don't think so." He said, dryly again, to her question.
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:17 pm

She nodded, wishing she hadn't chosen to take it, too. She pulled out some charts, beginning to start her rather lame assignment. This boy, whoever he was, was not very friendly. Dry, dull. She almost gave up on talking. Charlotte reached out her hand, very suddenly, and 'accidentally' knocked over a glass of pumpkin juice on his work. She knew he could clean it very quickly and with ease, but still she did so, making it appear accidental.
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Cassius had taken his eyes off his paper for a second, for just one second to pull another quill from his bag, and what did he find when he turned back? His perfect handwriting running off the parchment he had been working on, the paper darkening in it's dampness with only one person to blame. He cooly shifted his saphire gaze to regard the Slytherin girl with a placid gaze that held a ripple of content.
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Charlotte looked at the now damp and sticky paper, then at his face. He didn't appear mad, and she not sorry as she said,"Apologies. Accidents happens." She kept her face relaxed and slightly cheerful. She was to blame. Charlotte smiled to herself. Finally, a little bit of trouble. This boy wasn't so bad.
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Cassius stared at her for another second. He closed his eyes, removing his wire rimmed glasses to wipe them off, taking his time. Keeping his rich eyes shut, he cleaned the frames before replacing them on his face, pushing them untill they were secure. He arranged his elbows on the table and rested his face on his hands, waiting for another moment before opening his eyes finally. "Now," He began. "I'll give you a moment to fix this and start your apology."
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:43 am

Charlotte shrugged, looking unmoved. Inside, she was scolding herself. Her grandparents hadn't raised her to act this way. This boy, whoever he was, was bringing something out in her."I needn't say sorry again, and as for the mess, if you truly can't clean it yourself, then very well."Pointing her intricate wand at the wet papers, she said."Scourgify." The papers were clean and dry once more."Now, in return, would you tell your name?"
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:04 am

"I am not thoroughly convinced you are sorry. In fact, no one is truly sorry for what they've done, otherwise they'd have never done it. What you meant to say was 'I apologize'." He corrected the girl, his eyes never moving as she drew her wand, not interested in the slightest to watch the petty magic. "And, I have a feeling not only could I have cleaned it better than you have, but that you don't grasp quite what I meant." He turned the page around without looking down to it, showing where the dried ink had been smudged all over the parchment in random patterns. "You cannot simply dry wet ink, you need to arrange it in the way it was." He said as if dealing with a petulant child. "And lastly, I don't believe your work deserves something as grand from me as my name. But, since I do pity your skills, I shall grant your request." He paused for a moment, head still in his hands. "I am Cassius Vindictus Whitlock. How do you do?" He stated his old and powerful surname with a bit of disdain but nothing too recognizable.
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:52 pm

She listened to his rants with little care. Everything was fine. He was being picky and childish. Her magic was fine. He even appeared younger than her, and was most likely just trying to show off his "skills". Skills of endless talking, she thought rolling her eyes."I you recall, I did say 'apologies'. And whether I am sorry or not truly is relevant." She put her wand away, her eyes not wavering from his. She was acting like him now, more and more, she scolded herself. Being a child. She was older, and thus more maturer."Quite a handful, but I like it, Cassius. I am Charlotte. And please, please, don't tell if care what my name is." He was getting predictable. Charlotte took a deep breathe, then smiled once more."I am sorry--I 'apologize', Cassius, for acting a bit on edge. You need not accept it, but all the same."
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Cassius pushed his glasses up his nose again, listening to the girl go. She really knew how to bore a guy, didn't she? He drowned out half her nagging as she went on, lifting a tea cup to his lips and pouring it back at the slightest angle. He placed the cup down on the saucer again as she finished. "A pleasure, Charlotte." He said out of social convention. "And by all means, apology accpeted." It was outside social custom for him to say anything else.
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:01 pm

She nodded, not knowing what else to say. It seemed like they both talked too much, and had said all that was to be said. She sat down once more, thinking of anything she could say, not she wanted to. It was the polite way. Charlotte was raised to ignore the ones that were mean or unpleasureable to her, or just even compliment them and befriend."I like your blue hair. Did you dye it?" She took a sip of a glass, not knowing what it was. All the tastes here were unfamiliar to her. She really craved lemonade.
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Cassius pulled out a new sheet of paper and sat to copying the old ruined essay onto it with his neat, perfect handwriting. No matter. The old one was a rough draft anyway and he remembered word for word what he had written. He made a point to memorize all words of genius he read. The boy didn't look up as she spoke to him again. He almost scoffed, but stopped himself. "No. I did not poison my hair with chemicals to turn it this shade."
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:10 pm

She laughed quietly, not trying to be rude."You were born with it?" He appeared so conceited, so sure of himself, acting so flawless. He had blue hair. It was amusing to her. Almost a...'dork' crossed her mind, but she wasn't so cruel. She flipped open her Divination book, glaring at it with hatred.
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:12 pm

ooc: I assure you, I am not a 'dork'.

"Quite so." He answered without bothering to look up at her. He caught her slght laugh but ignored it. He ignored them all. The bluenette adjusted the glasses on his nose again, giving her a look of contempt as he did so. "Something amusing?"
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:15 pm

O o ch It only crossed her mind, I assure you. 'Bluenette'. I love it. XD

She shook her head."No, I just find it fascinating you have blue hair. Its actually handsome, in a way." She guessed he wouldn't thank her for the compliment, but she wanted to test him. Did he have manners? Was he just some geek? He seemed slightly mysterious, but she kept this all to herself as she flipped through pages of nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 pm

ooc: Bluenette. Everyone loves that word.

Cassius smiled a bit at the fanning to his ego. Just the boost he needed. "Well," He began. "My hair isn't the only handsome about me, I assure you." He said with a bit of humor laced in his words as he set upon his essay.
Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:23 pm

O o ch It should be in a song lyric. Very catchy.

She secretly laughed, seeing this one compliment make him so happy."A 'thank-you' would be much more polite. Then we can discuss your features, if you'd like." She wished his parents had taught him better. Still, she was not going to give up.
Back to top Go down
Cassius Whitlock

Cassius Whitlock

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:27 pm

ooc: Hey I just met you, And you're kinda crazy, But I love that you're a bluenette, so stop looking at yourself in the mirror maybe?

"Well than, thank you, Ms. Charlotte." He said with a hint of a smile, nothing too happy or serious but you know, as close to content as Cassius could get with anyone but himself.

ooc: DON'T MENTION HIS PARENTS.

Last edited by Cassius Whitlock on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victoria Rosier

Victoria Rosier

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Vic and her constant group of girl friends entered the Great Hall talking loudly as always. She led them to the slight break in the people at the table almost at the end. It was not the most ideal spot for the attention seeking group but it would do for now. They sat down and began eating talking animatedly and not a care in the world for the other people around them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breathtaking(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breathtaking(Open)   Breathtaking(Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breathtaking(Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pottermore Canon Role Play :: Great Hall-
Jump to: