Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Store of Knowledge. (Andy)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyler MacDougal

Tyler MacDougal

andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) Empty
PostSubject: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:46 pm

*A week before*

Tyler walked into Flourish and Blotts, a small bell above the door signaling that a new costumer had entered the bookshop. Nodding to the store keeper, he began to wander the shop. It had to be the first time he had come in here without Basil. Ever since that Black kid had taken her from him, she had seemed to wander off on her own. Actually, he couldn't remember the last time he had seen her, Nevermind talk. Sighing, he continued to run his fingertips over the title of the books, looking for something... Fascinating enough to capture his attention. He wasn't planning on buying anything. No. Just to hang around the shop. He already had his books. Now was just his time.
Back to top Go down
Andy O'Reily

Andy O'Reily

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:55 pm

It had been now two years since Andy's oldest sibling surprisingly procured a job at the ministry and moved into his own flat in London. Brian was looked on very fondly by his parents and siblings. Their thought it would be a good idea for Andy to spend some time with his odler brother. He knew they were just hoping he would become more like his brother and become more socialable. But Brian was a smart young man. He knew his brother well, and knew there was no place he'd rather be while he worked than at Flourish and Blotts. Andy had already been here a few hours, choosing a book ow and then and reading them in a chair in the store. His satchel has strown over a table at his side, half spilling out a few contents. He heard the little bell ding faintly. This normally didn't draw any attention form his book, but when he caught a sight of a familiar brunette, he looked up. "Tyler." He said a bit surprised, but calm.
Back to top Go down
Tyler MacDougal

Tyler MacDougal

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Tyler's head snapped up so quickly at the sound of his name, it was a wonder how he didn't get whiplash. His eyes wandered the store before resting on the boy at a table. He blinked before walking over to Andy, a book he was looking at and was intended to be placed back on the shelf still in his hand. He hadn't seen Andy in quite the long time. And the factor that Andy lived in Ireland, having been where he had probably spent most of his vacation, didn't help at all. Stopping in front of the boy, the coners of his mouth lifted slightly. "Hey Andy."
Back to top Go down
Andy O'Reily

Andy O'Reily

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Andy kept his nose in the book as Tyler strode over. He had already collected the reading materials he wanted to read on the train. He had picked out a particularly enthralling muggle detective book he couldn't wait to sink his teeth into. But not untill the train. "Hello Tyler." He greet, looking over the book to the Ravenclaw.
Back to top Go down
Tyler MacDougal

Tyler MacDougal

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Tyler shifted foot to foot, trying to keep his mind from wandering. "What are you doing here?" He asked before shaking his head, "Wait. Nevermind. Don't answer that." He knew better than to ask his friend obvious questions like that, yet he had. Rubbing his eyes to wake up, he looked at the Gryffindor once more. Tilting his head to the side he read the title off the spine of the book. Keep yourself busy. Don't let the mind wander. He said to himself. That had to be probably one of his biggest problems. Keeping his mind in the present time and keeping it out of space.
Back to top Go down
Andy O'Reily

Andy O'Reily

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Andy was half way through his signature 'Are you being serious right now' stare before his friend corrected himself. Smart boy. Only took him half a year to catch on. Andy almost felt aclomplished with himself. It was a bit like seeing a dog sit when trained. He noticed the Ravenclaw trying to read the title of his book. He moved his hand away so the title 'The Eighth Circle' was revealed. Another muggle detective book.
Back to top Go down
Tyler MacDougal

Tyler MacDougal

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Tyler flinched slightly at the look Andy had sort of given him. Over the past year, the look, to Tyler, showed a look of disappointment. After regaining himself, he looked at the spine of the book once more, glad to see that the Gyffindor had moved his hand slightly so that he could see the title a bit better now. 'The Eighth Circle.' His face showed concentration as he repeated the title in his head. He had thought he had heard of it somewhere, but maybe not. He didn't know. He couldn't remember. "Is is good?" He asked, referring to the book in the hands of his Irish friend. He didn't know what to do with himself at the moment. Scratching the back of his head, he shifted from one foot to the other once more awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Andy O'Reily

Andy O'Reily

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Andy continued reading as Tyler observed him. He flipped the page idly. He would wait untill Tyler would say something. For now, he would let himself be absorbed into the crime riddled world of this book. He stopped his train of thought, however, when Tyler spoke. He looked up, his signature gaze on his face. He paused a moment to let the question actually sink in. "Would I be reading it if it weren't good?"
Back to top Go down
Tyler MacDougal

Tyler MacDougal

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Tyler flinched again at the boys words, as if they truly bothered him. It was only a natural reaction though, he had told himself over and over. But really, it did bother him. He wouldn't say a word about it though. Better to say nothing than anything at all. Pinching the bridge of his nose he sighed. "No. I guess not." Rolling his eyes, he finally decided to sit down across from his friend. Tyler was probably going to stay here for a while anyways, he didn't know how long Andy would be here though.
Back to top Go down
Andy O'Reily

Andy O'Reily

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Andy idly noted the boy's reaction, but didn't comment. He never. Tyler often reacted to his abrasive personality in this matter. It's what set him apart from everyone else. Made him different. Worthy, almost, of staying. But it wasn't Andy's decision if he stayed. Tyler made that all himself. And Andy, though he would never admit it, was secretly happy he stayed.
Back to top Go down
Tyler MacDougal

Tyler MacDougal

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Tyler idly glanced around him before opening the book that had been forgotten in his hand and that he had no intention in reading. Flipping through the pages only gave him something to do other than continue to ask questions that he could probably be able to figure out if he were to actually think. That was the thing about Andy. He always made him think. He made sure that if there was a question he asked, he had to figure it out on his own. At the thought, his nose twitched slightly in discomfort. Personally, Tyler thought enough during the school day when they were at Hogwarts. He didn't need extra thoughts to burn out his brain, even though he was quite positive that wasn't even close to possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Store of Knowledge. (Andy)   andy - Store of Knowledge. (Andy) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Store of Knowledge. (Andy)
Page 1 of 1