Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Day[Open]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:27 am

Classes had ended for the day, resulting in a fresh load of homework. Maverick walked into the Three Broomsticks in casual clothes; a yellow and black striped shirt, black pants. His wand was tucked away, but he was sure this job wouldn't require too much magic. He strode past filled tables, swiftly avoiding bumping into anyone. Maverick walked a little farther past the pub's order counter, pushing open a door marked Employees Only. There were rows of shelves used for a workers personal items, and Maverick found an empty one at the end row. He looked around, stuffed various items such as his cloak in it, and placed a few charms around the things so no one would be steal them. After that, he walked out, awkwardly going behind the counter. Madam Rosmerta was busy taking orders, so Maverick just stood there patiently, taking in the wonderful smells around. She finally noticed him, and walked up to him briskly."Ah, you have arrived here on time, Mr. Daniels. Very good, here."The lady handed him a male bartender's apron."Now I have showed you how to work; clear plates, clean empty tables, take orders, and bring them out once they are cooked. The meals will be placed here."She indicated a high, long table where people behind it were making food."You will be informed when a meal is ready. You, though, are in charge of making the drinks. Can you handle it? Good, straight to work now." Maverick took it in carefully. He had already had practise and instructions on what he was to do in these three hours. After, that, he would have to get back to class, prefect duties, then back here again. Morning and weekends were his only free times, save Mondays, when he didn't work out at all. Maverick put on the apron, immediately setting to work. People came up to the bar frequently, asking for refills and certain foods. He was always fast to scribble down orders when visiting tables, and worked sufficiently as time went by.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Raven stepped into the Three Broomsticks, exhausted. Her bag felt like it contained several bricks, and with the size of the books she needed for her assignments, it probably weighed 40 pounds. She dropped her load gratefully at a back table, slipping past a group of chattering Ravenclaws on her way to the bar. There was a new person, a Hogwarts student who didn't seem to be that much older than herself. She cocked her head, wondering how the student had gotten a job at the bar. Shaking her head to clear it she tried to decide what to order before she reached the bar. She walked up to the counter to order.
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Maverick quickly wiped off the ordering counter with a towel, then slung it over his shoulder, ready to take the next customer. The day, or at least the time he had been here, was very busy, with people always in line to get drinks or a meal. He had found all a little overwhelming, but managed to keep his cool and perform, he hoped, decently. The next person to walk up to the counter was a girl not much younger then himself, and, by the looks, was a Gryffindor. He raised his eyebrows slightly at her workload. He swallowed a little as he remembered the homework awaiting him, plus Prefect patrols. Well, at least I don't have OWLs, he thought. NEWTs was actually much easier, to his surprise."Good evening, what can I get for you?" Maverick asked looking at the girl.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:49 pm

She approached the counter and the student behind the counter asked for her order. She dug around in her pockets for money.
"Can I just get a butterbeer please?" She looked back at her giant stack of homework and sighed.
"Make that two butterbeers." She was never going to get all that work done on just one butterbeer. She was glad that bars stayed open late.
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:53 pm

He nodded casually, rubbing his hands together. He was about to turn away to prepare the Butterbeer, but stopped when she asked for two of the strong, sweet drink. Maverick was not suppose to question customer's orders(unless they were underage wizards asking for whiskey) or make a comment about their choices. But, the girl was a student as he was, and he was sure it was fine to make a light joke."Two, miss? Are you sure you can handle that?" He was smiling a little, about to go make the drink.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:59 pm

She chuckled slightly.
"I'm sure. Its possible that I might even need to get a third later on. Depends on how much work Snape's essay will take." She placed the needed coins on the counter.
"Plus, I've spent the whole afternoon in Madam Puddifoot's tea shop. After that I can handle anything."
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:06 pm

His back was turned as he listened to her words. He brewed the mixture, adding in the flavoring of the butter and such. Maverick at last turned around, bringing two mugs of butterbeer to the counter, moving quickly but carefully."Ah, Professor Snape. He does tend to give rather hard and mind-bloggling essays. I give you the best of luck on writing it."He slid the mugs on the counter, then scooped up the money in his hand. He made a face as the story continued."Madam Puddifoot's? I suppose that does call for three buttbeers. . .Well, before you go, can I hear your name?" Maverick wasn't really supposed to make small talk when taking orders, but he, even despite the line, thought it was good to be friendly.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Raven took the butterbeers in her hands, smiling.
"Thanks. I'll need all the luck I can get. I know, that shop is a horror."
She shuddered.
"Its a wonder that I'm here to tell the tale. The name's Raven." She smiled at him, wanting to ask his name. Looking back at the line, she decided she would ask him later. With a small smile she walked away to her table with the drinks. She slid into the seat and took out her first essay, dipping her quill into her ink thoughtfully.

oo ch fast forward to later
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:15 pm

He blinked a little as the girl suddenly took off. Raven. It was an interesting name, but he had heard more peculiar ones. It was a bit strange, he thought it, that she hadn't asked his name, but Maverick just shrugged at it, ready to serve the next customer."Two firewhiskeys? Sure, coming up. Just wait at that table, yes, that one..." He continued to help customer afte customer, trying to keep up stamina. Eventually, as time progressed, there were fewer and fewer buyers, and Maverick was left wondering tables, wiping them off and sweeping. He checked the time once or twice, seeing he had only fifteen minutes left until he got off.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Raven slammed her book down on the table, hard. balled up peices of parchment were scattered on the surface of her table. Her two butterbeer glasses were drained and she had been severely tempted to order another, but had settled for water from her bottle. Her last essay was complete. She rolled it up carefully, placing it in her bag with her others. SHe had shoved her books in first so they didn't squash her essays. Raven ran her fingers through her hair, which had changed constantly due to caffeine in her system from Madam Puddifoot's, and had settled on black as her mood decreased. She slid the last book into her bag, lifting up the scrolls and putting it underneath them. Raven pulled out her wand and muttered a spell, the mess ups vanished. She picked up her two glasses and set them on the counter. Madam Rosmerta whisked them away with a nod. Raven checked her wizarding watch. It had taken her 15 minutes to clear all her stuff away. She headed towards the door, her bad weighing her down considerably.
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:08 pm

He had completely forgotten about Raven, not even noticing she was the last one here. Maverick went in the employees door, retrieving his items, and gave a final farewell to Madam Rosmerta. She told him good job, and a good night. He hurriedly walked out of the pub, not seeing Raven heading in the same direction, and bumped into her suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Raven was walking down the deserted street when someone bumped into her from behind, knocking a few of her books from her bag.
"Oi, watch..." She looked up to see that it was the student who had been waiting tables at the Three Broomsticks.
"Oh, hey, sorry..." Raven blinked at him for a moment. She had never gotten the chance to ask his name. She bent down and started to pick up her spilt items.
"What's your name, by the way?"
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:27 pm

He immediately bent down to help her with the dropped items."I am very sorry, erm, I guess I didn't see you, its my fault."He felt a little embarrassed, but continued to help grab Raven's books and items, handing them to her carefully."Oh, my name. Its Maverick. I am in Hufflepuff, in case you didn't know." He chuckled slightly.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:41 pm

"Its quite alright. I'm not one of the easiest people to spot in the dark." Raven took the items and stuffed them back into her bag.
"Thank, Maverick." She stood up and brushed her robes off, smiling.
"I guessed as much. You have the Hufflepuff nature. A Claw would have lit their wand before going out onto a dark street where they could run into things, most Gryffindors would just watch me pick up the books, and generally a Slytherin would walk past without apologizing at all." She lit her own wand.
"It is pretty dark. I would think they would have the main street lit better."
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:47 pm

He raised an eyebrow impressively."Interesting deduction. I probably should have lit my wand. . .I guess I trust my judgement a little too much."He smiled."You are a Gryffindor, correct?" Houses didn't really matter to him, but he was rather curious in this case."Oh, um, mind if I join you with the walk back to the castle? I still have some prefect patrols to do.."He let out a little groan, thanking Helga tomorrow he only worked during lunch period.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 4:04 pm

"Yes, I am a Gryffindor." She smiled and hitched her bag higher on her shoulder.
"Not at all. It's rather dull at night, and I appreciate good company." Prefect. She started walking besides him. He was obviously a bit older than her, but not a seventh year.
"So your a sixth year then?" She assumed.
"Hope I never run into you on one of your nighttime patrols. I'm much to busy for detentions." She often wandered the castle at night, but her tone was joking, so if he was a prefect that would give her detention at the mere hinting of nighttime excursions, he wouldn't be sure if she was pulling his leg or not.
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Maverick kept his eyes alert as they walked down the street, but listening to Raven all the same."Yes, I am a sixth year," he replied gently,"And you are a... Fifth?" She looked younger, but seemed more mature then fifteen, so it didn't hurt to check. Her next words made him frown, and state at her for a bit with a bemused expression."So, you often go wondering the castle at night." It wasn't phrased as a question. Raven sounded playful, but Maverick suspected there was truth to her words.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:58 am

"Yes, fifth." Raven looked up at the stars for a moment and smiled slightly at their beauty. She shook herself and kept walking, switching her bag to the other shoulder. She shrugged at his statement.
"I have been known to wander at night and get detention for it, yes." She looked back at him.
"But," she added thoughtfully.
"Most of my wandering I save till morning, where I am permitted to check on the owls for Hagrid. I often have to much homework anyway, compliments of Proffessor Snape, that I must stay up half the night working, rather than wander about the castle." She finished.
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:00 am

Maverick noticed a slight chill in the air as he walked past close shops and pubs. His hands were shoved into his pockets, his face thoughtful as he listened to Raven."Well," he began,"lets just hope I don't catch you on my patrols." His tone was joking as he spoke these words.Maverick was a loyal Hufflepuff student to Hogwarts, and took his Prefect duties seriously. However, he occasionally enjoyed some fun and mischief, and was fine with allowing some things to slide.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:03 am

Raven shivered and tugged her cloak more tightly around herself.
"Yes, we shall hope." She considered him. He seemed the right type to be a prefect, but there was a possibility her was not quite so....Percy Weasley with his detentions. She smiled slightly.

Ok ch I just realized that during the third year Dementors patrol Hogsmead at night...:/
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:21 am

O o ch Funny you say that, I was just about to bring it up in the rp.

Maverick kicked a few rocks under his feet, making a small clattering noise, one of the only sounds in the street besides their conversation."I don't like giving detenions, but sometimes it is necessary. Besides," he grinned,"I must admit there is a little satisfaction in reprimanding a Slytherin."Just earlier in the day, he had caught a male Slytherin hexing a small Gryffindor. Shaking his head, a thought jolted through his mind."Erm..Raven? I think Dementors are supposed to watch the streets of Hogsmeade for, well you know, him."Maverick wearily glanced around.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:27 am

She laughed.
"It must be satisfying." She looked around apprehensively at his words.
"Oh...yes..." She had been feeling a chill, but whether it was an approaching Dementor or the evening was just rather cool, she did not know.
"We are bound to cross paths with one, they are very efficient in their searches..." Raven looked down at the wand in her hand, knowing defensive spells would only attract the attention of more of the hooded figures. She looked at Maverick.
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:33 am

He glanced down at her briefly, seeing her staring at him. He stopped in his tracks, pulling out his brown wand."They...might find us, yes." Maverick was usually one to be optimistic, but in this case, he knew there was almost no chance of the Dementors not finding them."God, I am a fool," he whispered suddenly,"I was warned to hurry back, and to take a different route to the school."He shook his head, glancing around."Next time, I'll have to remember to be more careful. Too late for that. Just don't cast a spell. Yet," he said, knowing the Dementors, who were surely lurking about, would immediately attack them.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:44 am

"If we cast a patronus, it will attract the attention of every Dementor here, and when the patronus fades, they will come for us." Raven was not optimistic, preferring to prepare herself for the worst. In this case, she was being a realist. The girl glanced around the closed shop windows, but they were all dark. The immediately seen shops had closed down early, probably because the Dementors had caused a great decline in their amount of customers in the evenings.
"This is not good." There was no point running, and there was no way they could win a fight. Raven thought hard and sighed inwardly.
Back to top Go down

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:51 am

Maverick couldn't help but laugh in the cold of the night."Well, you are supposed to be brave, and me unfraid of toil. I am sure if we can put our heads together we can..."the senctence trailed off and his voice faded. It was suddenly colder then usual, and Maverick thought he had saw something move. It was large and black, and it didn't take a Ravenclaw to guess what it was."Okay, Raven, we can't sit here like ducks. Here."He pushed past her a little, pointing his wand at a locked shop."We might have to hide, however cowardly this might seem to you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Day[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Day[Open]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next