Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Day[Open]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

First Day[Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:16 pm

She felt the cold too. Wherever the Dementor was, it was close to them. As he pushed her towards the door, she put out the Lumos on her wand. She might need it for other spells.
"I may be a Gryffindor, but that doesn't mean that I'm stupid enough to stand my ground against something there is no way to win fighting." She studied the door. However much she loved adventure, she felt it was somewhat...wrong, to break into Honeydukes. Oi well. It was getting colder and her head was starting to swim.
'Alohomora!" She tried. Her throat was dry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Whenever Maverick breathed, he could see it in the cold night air. Glancing behind him, he saw the figure was gone. It might have been a trick of the light, but he wasn't taking any chances. When Raven attempted to unlock the door to Honeydukes, nothing seemed to happen. He closed his eyes for a second, then pointed his wand directly at the door."I hate to do this, but--Reducto!"
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:31 pm

She raised her hand to shield her eyes as he used reducto. When the door was, well, gone, she ran inside and waited for him, pointing her wand at the broken peices of the door, ready to repair them as soon as he was inside. Through the window, this time she did see something moving. From far down the road, yes. But she definitely saw it.
"Come on!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:39 pm

He let Raven in first then went in straight after her as she shouted. The door could be repaired, but it didn't change the fact that they were breaking and entering. It couldn't matter, though, because it was in self-defense, especially against these dark creatures. Stealing from Honeydukes wasn't nearly as big a problem as the Dementors, however. They could have heard them, even if they repaired the door."Come on, we should get in the back, maybe find a back room or something," he said quickly and quietly, wand pointed forward.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:52 pm

She waved her wand and whispered.
"Repairo." She watched long enough to see the door fly back together than nodded and looked around. Dim light filtered in from, somewhere, and she could make out the door leading to the storage room in the back where employees came from carrying more sweets.
"You're right. This way." She led him towards the counter and lifted up the counter, which stated that only employees were allowed beyond this point.
"Yeah, well, sorry." She murmured to herself. Beyond the counter she headed confidently towards the supply room. So far, she couldn't hear any noise from the owners upstairs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:59 pm

He glanced around the shop, seeing the various candies and goodies students so often shopped for. Honeydukes was usually packed and warm, and the cold feeling today was unusual. He followed Raven to the supply room, walking as lightly as possible."I don't hear the owner or any--any Dementors." Maverick looked about this back room, noticing the many crates and shelves of candy. He could have been tempted to steal some, but Maverick had lost any appetite.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:09 pm

"Me neither. We wait here for a bit, than...I don't know." She walked down the stairs, which were lined with boxes of goodies. The cellar was stacked high with crates upon crates of sweets.
"But at least we're safe." She sat down on a crate and watched the ceiling above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:13 pm

"I don't think they will look down here, or not authorized at least." Maverick silently knew that Dementors would break any rules in order to catch their culprit. However, with Dumbledore monitoring Hogwarts and such, he was a little assured they wouldn't attack them. He moved to an empty crate, turning it upside down so he could sit down. Maverick kept his expression alert, though he was secretly tiring."Well," he began dryly,"I guess I'll be missing my patrols. First day, too." He laughed airily, quietly.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:30 pm

"They probably will not, as long as they didn't decide we were him." She smiled and tapped her fingers on the crate.
"Well...It's better to miss your first day of duties and NOT get your soul sucked out by a Dementor." She nodded to herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:37 pm

He laughed, rolling his eyes."Yes, I'll just explain I was almost attacked by Dementors because of my carelessness, along with another younger student, and broke into Honeyduke's to hide."Now that he said the story, it sounded rather...fake. but Maverick was sure he would be believed; Dementors, after all, were known for their ruthlessness and cruelty."Sorry about this," he added lightly.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:59 pm

She snickered. There would surely be a few raised eyebrows at that story.
"Yeah, they will believe that. While we're at it, we might as well include the part where unicorns prance in and save us." She smiled slightly.
"No problem. Honestly if you weren't there I probably wouldn't have though of breaking and entering, and would be soulless by now."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:19 pm

He raised his eyebrows."Unicorns? That would surely be entertaining." Maverick ran a hand through his dark hair, his blue eyes focused on Raven, attempting to not glance at the door for the hundreth time."Wow, that's a gruesome thought."He winked, grinning."I wouldn't have expected me to think of that either, but desperate situations call for desperate actions." He paused for awhile, thinking about what might have happened if the Dementors had caught him. Maverick shook his head."Hey, won't the Dementors be patroling all night?.." This had just occured to him, that they might be stuck in here the entire night.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:37 pm

She shuddered.
"Not for me, I hate unicorns." She leaned back on her crate.
"Yes. I would make a rather imposing Dementor too, I'm quite glad you thought fast. You've spared people from meeting me as a Dementor." She nodded.
"All night. And I doubt the owners keep spare pillows in the candy cellar."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:42 pm

"It was just an impulsive fault, no need to thank me."He flashed a smile, then groaned suddenly."Brilliant. My first day back to school, I am trapped in the supply room of Honeydukes with Dementors surrounding me." It would definitely be a rough night, especially with a girl sleeping in the room. Maverick tried to get comfortable on his crate, leaning his head back on a shelf."Well, I doubt either of us will sleep well. Need my coat, or something?.."
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:30 pm

"Maybe you need to be one of those really impulsive people then." She watched his disappointment quietly, and nodded.
"Yeah, it is a rather unfortunate situation." She dug around in her bag for a bit, than pulled out a small cloak.
"It is rather classical for the guy to give the girl his coat," she smiled lighty.
"But honestly I see no point in making yourself cold to help a poor damsel be warm. If she's stupid enough not to have a jacket, than perhaps she does not deserve one. Keep it, it's going to be cold with Dementors around all night." Raven threw him the balled up cloak from her bag, drawing her own more tightly around herself before digging in her bag once more.
"A pillow." She explained. She leaned her head against the crates stacked behind her as she pulled out a very large, fluffy scarf and made it into a pillow for herself, even though she knew she would most likely not sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:37 pm

He chuckled."Classical, indeed. But I speak the truth, are you quite sure you don't need it?" He trailed off once more when she threw him a cloak, which he caught with his hand."Thank you, then. I see you come quite prepared."He was grinning again, at the sight of her wrapped up with even a pillow."He took the cloak she gave him, bundling it up into a pillow like her. He layed his head back on it, pulling his cloak more tightly around himself."I'll be honest, I am quite relieved I don't have to give up my cloak. It appears you are quite capable of taking care of yourself." It was a compliment, of course, showing that he was slightly impressed.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:55 pm

She smiled tiredly.
"Your welcome. I do, I am a person always prepared for the worst. It comes in handy at times." She stuck the makeshift pillow between her head and the crates, preferring to sit upright.
"I imagine you are. It is quite cold." She nodded in agreement.
"Always been able to take care of myself, always will be."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Maverick nodded to himself."Its good you are so confident in handling yourself, you never know what life will throw at you." He attempted to close his eyes, exhaust filling him, but he couldn't help but flicker his eyes to the door, to the ceiling. He shuddered to himself."Well--I suppose goodnight.."
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:16 am

She watched his unease.
"Yes, it is a good thing. Night. Sleep well." She wondered if she knew any charms that would warn if something was coming. But then if the owners came down...She decided to just sit watch. If it suddenly got very cold, she would wake Maverick in time to get himself-and if possible herself too- out of there. She got into a more comfortable position and waited, watching the door and thinking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:33 am

He couldn't really sleep, what with the cold and impending doom perhaps awaiting then outside. The air was chilled and sharp, making Maverick's normally warm face pale and cold. No matter how tired he felt, Maverick couldn't--and almost didn't want to--fall asleep. Judging by Raven's uneven breaths, he could tell she too wasn't asleep. Maverick didn't want to talk, afraid she might be trying to sleep, and just stared at the door, wondering if he would ever rest.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:32 am

Raven watched that door, noticing that his breathing hadn't slowed to the normal patterns of a sleeping person. She couldn't really blame him for not wanting to sleep. She pulled her cloak tightly around herself then remembered something. digging around in her bag, she pulled out a jam jar that she used to warm up on cold days, muttering a charm, a fire started inside, letting off heat and light. the door was now illuminated and the room was not so deathly cold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Obviously, both of them couldn't sleep. Maverick didn't think it would do good for them to just sit in silence, but he was still mindful of Raven's need to sleep--even if she didn't want to. Maverick had been sitting still for so long in the quiet darkness, he didn't hear her ignite any flames, but suddenly felt warmth. Turning his head to her, Maverick at last noticed the charm he had produced. He smiled a little, grateful for the heat and light."Wow, good thinking," he murmured.

Ooc Want to skip to morning or..?
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:43 pm

oo ch fast forward, yes

The hours passed by quickly with no sounds from upstairs, and no chilling cold of the approaching Dementors. As the sun peeked from the door to the store above them, Raven decided it was time to go. She looked over at Maverick, unsure whether he was asleep or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Maverick had his head turned away from Raven when he awoke.
Blinking, he sat up slightly. The night had been hard and almost
sleepless for Maverick. He recalled being awake most of the night,
dozing off every now and then, but always jolting up in case of an
emergency. Daytime was approaching fast, he judged, but he had no sure
idea what time it truly was. Maverick felt a little disgusting, sleeping
in his clothes, and sore from the uncomfortable position. He glanced
Raven's way."Raven, you awake? I think it best we..we go."
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:31 pm

She saw that he was awake, already on her feet, stuffing the jam jar into her bag.
"Yup, been awake all night. By the looks of it you barely got any sleep yourself." She picked up the scarf intended as her pillow and wrapped it around her neck, as it was still very early and Hogsmead would be chilly. She sat back down, waiting for him to get ready.
"Ugh. Never drink butterbeer then not brush your teeth." She made a face and leaned down to tie the laces back up on her boots.
"At least there will be a few hours before classes start to take showers. We probably smell like cockroach clusters." She looked around at the many crates and peered through the slats.
"Oh, my bad. It looks to me that candy floss is in at the moment. God, I hate that stuff." She was jittery from drinking to much coffee, butterbeer, and staying up the whole night wondering if she was going to have her soul sucked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Day[Open]   First Day[Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Day[Open]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next