Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Pearl among the seaweed.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pearl Avery

A Pearl among the seaweed. Empty
PostSubject: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Pearl walked into the hall levitating behind her a large stack of books. When she sat down at the Ravenclaw table the books landed next to her with a thud.

She hadn't ventured out of the library before now. Prefering to keep away from the students who, as it turned out, were almost as bad as the Durmstrang students. However, today she felt like a change in scenery. So she decided to brave the drama queens and the 'dark, mysterious' boys and attempt to study in the hall.
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Vine entered the hall after a long session of transfiguration. McGonagall always taught the same old stuff and he forced himself to stay awake during the class but he felt dead after it.
Coffee would bring him back to life.
Back to top Go down
Glacier Montague

Glacier Montague

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Blood, bone, heart.
Glacier Montague was smiling as she walked into the Hall. Smiling broadly, even as she walked among the worried and anxious students. The general, collective mood had absolutely no effect on her. The tension was even amusing her, but she wasn't going to pass up a gift like this. It was the perfect atmosphere for her to continue her games. Wrought with fear, suspicion - an attack could come from anywhere. Who was Slytherin's Heir? What was the monster? Who was the next victim? Glacier didn't have the answers to these questions, but she didn't care.
Her eyes swept the Hall. She hadn't interacted with many people since arriving, so she wasn't entirely sure who she despised and who she could tolerate. Better late than never, she thought to herself as her eyes landed on Vine Lestrange.
If anything, her smile grew wider. She walked past him towards her usual spot, greeting him with a brief, 'Lestrange,' before sitting down and bringing a cup of coffee towards herself.
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:35 pm

His eyes followed Glacier and he returned her polite greet with his nod. "Montague. Good to see you." he said and without asking her, he sat down next to her, pouring a cup for himself.
"Enjoying your stay?"
Back to top Go down
Pearl Avery

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Pearl looked up from the book she was reading to find that Glacier had entered the hall. She wasn't aware that Glacier attended Hogwarts so it was a bit of a surprise to see her. She shrugged off her surprise and continued reading her book. Glaciers reasons for leaving Durmstrang were of no interest to her. She would much rather prefer a book to idle gossip.
Back to top Go down
Glacier Montague

Glacier Montague

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 pm

'It could be more enjoyable,' Glacier replied. She felt a brief flash of irritation Vine sitting next to her uninvited, but ignored it as she took a sip of her coffee. She closed her eyes. 'Mmm. Far too many Muggle-borns here for my liking. I forgot about that when I made the decision to transfer back here.'
Glacier sat back in her seat, eyeing a Ravenclaw surrounded by books. Her eyes narrowed briefly. She looked a little familiar ... Coming back to her senses, Glacier glanced sideways at Lestrange, smiling a little slyly. 'Where's my welcome party, hm?'
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:53 pm

He strode into the Hall, trying to remain in a calm demeanor but he couldn't help it when a grin slid onto his face, it slipped off just as quickly as it had come, Hex was good at hiding his mood but now, he was a bit weak at that, at least he had managed it. He hadn't pranked anyone in ages, and tomorrow he would, there would be no evidence of who was involved, he had covered up his tracks very well. He resumed walking to his table, his eyes scanning the Hall. He took his place at his respective table.
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:58 pm

"At the end of the year, Hogwarts will be just like your Durmstang. I thought you noticed that." he said, returning her sly smile.
His smile dropped a bit when she mentioned the welcome party, he still remember that awful day where they unleashed a boggart on everyone.
"I see...I am sorry to say that I don't like taking risks where I might end up cooking with house elves."
Back to top Go down
Glacier Montague

Glacier Montague

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Glacier laughed a little. 'Fair enough. Although,' she added lightly, 'you could find it has its uses. The house elves talk, you know.'
Glacier gazed at the Gryffindor who had just walked in. 'That's the Head Boy, isn't it?' she asked, a slight sneer entering her voice now. 'A Gryffindor.' She didn't know much about Gryffindors - nor did she care much about Gryffindor - but she knew that it was the house of her cousin, and housed many blood traitors and Mudbloods. That was enough for her.
From what she had seen, this place needed a little something to get it going. The fabled Chamber of Secrets apparently making its comeback wasn't enough. There wasn't anything happening - even the attacker seemed to have stopped for a while. It was Glacier's aim to change all that. Make things exciting. And she only had less than a year to do it.
Glacier smiled to herself. She would have to move quickly, then.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:17 pm

He clasped his hands around a silver goblet and poured cold water into it, he didn't need coffee right now, he was wide awake, even if he couldn't sleep at night he would take a detour around the castle, he wasn't wary of the monster, he was a pureblood and the thing would never dare attack him. He smiled mysteriously and lifted the goblet of water to his lips, draining it all in a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:17 pm

"Yes but you can always make others talk, there are some ways." he smiled a little and turned to face the head boy, yes Thomas. He was neutral towards him, although the badge on his chest annoyed him a little, he wasn't trouble to Vine so it was ok for now, he couldn't imagine a traitor being head boy, then he would stop it.
"Yes, he is. He isn't a traitor though. I don't really care, I prefer to stay unnoticed this year with everything that is happening."
Back to top Go down
Glacier Montague

Glacier Montague

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:22 pm

'There are always ways,' Glacier said distantly, frowning slightly. 'Not a traitor? Still a Gryffindor,' she said dismissively, as if that settled everything.
Glacier raised an eyebrow at Vine. 'Stay unnoticed? Do you really want to do that? I thought you wanted to get back at Dumbledore for keeping you here. Create a little chaos .' Glacier studied him. 'What happened to that, Lestrange? Gone soft, have we?' Her eyebrows rose higher.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Hex was ware of two pairs of eyes on him, he shrugged them off, taking no interest as to who was watching him. He placed the goblet back on the table, crossing his arms, already starting to get bored. He gazed around the Hall, his stormy grey eyes darting from table to table. His gaze eventually rested on the Slytherin table, and he saw two people, Lestrange and someone else he didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:28 pm

"Not at all, I just don't want to get expelled or go to Azkaban. Now everyone is talking about me being in love with a gryffindor. But if anything happens, it will be heir of slytherin's fault, who could be me. I am just being careful. Why do you think I am using my romance as a cover? Perhaps you should do the same." he said and poured himself another cup.
It was true that he had no intention of doing the same mistake he did last year, he liked attention, he preferred taking credit of the bad things happened at Hogwarts but it was a bad time to be the evil boy.
Back to top Go down
Pearl Avery

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:31 pm

She looked up at the boy who had just entered. Her eyes followed him as he walked over to the Gryffindor table. She stared at him with her head tilted slightly to the left. She'd noticed he was wearing a head boy badge which caused her to be quite curious about his character.

I wonder if he deserves that badge? Very few people with power actually deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:35 pm

Then he noticed someone else looking at him, he sighed, rolling his eyes, and then he withdrew his gaze from the Slytherin's and looked at the person who was staring at him. A girl, Ravenclaw, fourth or fifth year by the looks of it. He raised his eyebrows questioningly.
Back to top Go down
Glacier Montague

Glacier Montague

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Glacier looked up at the ceiling. 'Your ... romance.' She didn't bother to hide the scepticism and shot him a disgusted look. 'Really? You're suggesting that I ...' Glacier scrunched up her face. 'I don't even know what you're doing with that girl - and, frankly, I don't want to know. But, to keep it short ...' Glacier contented herself with a shake of the head. 'It wouldn't work for me. Besides,' she added with a hint of a smirk, 'there's hardly anyone here I would stand to be in the company of, let alone pretend to have a "romance" with.'
Her focus returned to the Head Boy. She'd have to have a little ... discussion with him soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 pm

He laughed a little too loud for their silent conversation. "I see. It isn't easy for ladies, especially purebloods. But nobody judges me, or they don't dare to. I can't really see you seducing anyone, but you have the looks for it. I find it hard to believe that nobody would be interested in you and like you said, I don't mind the company, as long as they are of the right blood."
He said, feeling a little sorry for the opposite gender. When they did it for the same needs, they were judged by being inappropriate but males didn't have that problem.
Back to top Go down
Pearl Avery

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:52 pm

She tutted quite obviously at his questioning gaze. She pulled out a scrap piece of paper and a quill and made a small note. 'The questioning look approach, how... original' she muttered to herself and she put the paper and quill back into her robes.

Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:54 pm

He turned his head slightly to get a good look at the Slytherin girl, he was frowning inwardly, he hadn't seen her before though he was certain she was in her seventh year, probably one of the Durmstrang ones. He said, turning his head to look at the other Ravenclaw girl. What the heck was she doing? He asked himself, frowning a bit. "Okay then ..." He muttered to himself.
Back to top Go down
Glacier Montague

Glacier Montague

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:58 pm

'Well, thank you,' Glacier said dryly. Her attention was caught by the apparent silent interaction between the Ravenclaw (who still looked incredibly familiar - did she go to Durmstrang at one point?) and the Head Boy. Watching and waiting. Thinking before acting. Just a few of the things she had learnt.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:59 pm

ooc - Pearl is like Remington ... Not that energetic but she's kind of like analyzing people.
Back to top Go down
Pearl Avery

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:16 am

OOc: One sentence notes are not what I would call analyzing

Which just happends to be...To examine carefully and in detail to identify cause, key factors, possible results etc.

Nope, can't find anything in that definition which would suggest I'm analyzing people.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:19 am

ooc - -Rolls his eyes- Alright, just get on with the RP.
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:22 am

He reached for the nutella and started eating from it with his spoon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Pearl among the seaweed.   A Pearl among the seaweed. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Pearl among the seaweed.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pottermore Canon Role Play :: Great Hall-
Jump to: