Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry Empty
PostSubject: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 am

ooc: This happens after CoS and her graduation. I do what I want

Graduation day, and everything that followed, was a blur to her. All her attention was spent on her new job, and the roommate she soon found out she couldn't stand. After a few more paychecks, the first thing she spent her money on would be an apartment by herself. And her job.... while it kept her active, it was also a bit mindless. All she needed to do was fetch and carry, sometimes take notes during hearings. She was never in any kind of real action or near her goal, the Department of Mysteries. How much longer would she need to be in this drudge position? A month, a year? Didn't they realize they had hired a Ravenclaw with top grades? She was impatient and unwilling to keep this up much longer. Three months of drudgery had been enough. But she was also scared of saying anything to either her boss or her roommate. She had nowhere else to go.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:03 am

Her supervisor, a middle-aged stern witch, called CC into her office. /Now what?/ she thought bitterly to herself but no expression was visible on her face. She had gotten even better at it with the amount of practice recently. She entered the office and waited in front of the desk for whatever punishment might be in store for her.
"You're being promoted," the witch said simply.
"What?" CC asked stupidly not quite registering what had just happened.
"Do you not want it? We can always pick someone else. Or do you need a reason for your promotion?" The witch looked at CC, who was still shocked, severely then continued on, "Surely you didn't believe a student, no matter how bright she might have been, would be put into a high position to start out?"
CC just blinked and stared at her in astonishment. That was it? That was the reason why she was given such a drudge position?
Her supervisor sighed in frustration. "Welcome to the real world, dear. Now, since you obviously have a brain even though you aren't displaying one now, I have decided to put you through training as a questioner for those who are brought in by the office of Misuse of Muggle Artifacts. There are only two people who currently work in that office, so it's not too much of a workload. It will give you some real experience though as those who are brought in can get a bit nasty. Be on your guard." A knock rapped on the door and a young wizard came into the room. "Good, come in here. Cassandra, this will be your immediate instructor. You start today, so follow him out."
CC followed the man in a daze still trying to figure out what happened to her.
Back to top Go down
James Bond

James Bond

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:38 am

O o c- Amazing Role-Play, feels like I'm reading a real story.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:35 pm

ooc: -winks- I was writing stories a long time before I was rping. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:16 pm

"She tends to have that affect on people, you know?" the wizard said interrupting her thoughts.
"I'm beginning to see that...." CC muttered.
"Just coming out of Hogwarts? Cassandra, right?" he asked pleasantly.
CC rolled her eyes and grimaced dramatically. "Yes, that is my actual name, but I am known by most as CC."
"Alright, CC," he said with a small smirk. "And you can call me John. It's my actual name."
CC snorted and rolled her eyes. /At least he can be a friend./ "Alright, John," she said slightly mockingly. "Where are we going anyway?"
"We have someone to question already. Time is money." John shot a wink over his shoulder at her. "Hurry up, little one."
She glared at his back but followed more quickly, trying to keep up with his long legs. What followed was a blur of quick questions from John followed by slower answers from the wizard in the questioning room. CC watched from her position against the wall. Soon enough John had trapped the wizard into answering inconsistently. "And now I know we have a case," John said a bit smugly. "My job here is done." He nodded at the clerk who had been scribbling ferociously and then grabbed CC's hand on his way out the door.
"All done?" asked the Auror stationed outside of the room.
"Yes, and the case is set. Time to do your job." John waved flippantly at the Auror and headed down the hall to an office still holding on to CC's hand.
"Let go!" she said vehemently yanking her hand from his. "I don't like being touched especially by almost strangers."
He ran a hand through his black hair absently and slightly uneasily. "I'm sorry, genuinely. Most people aren't so bothered by it."
Bothered? She was furious. Then she realized for the second time that day she had lost control of her emotions. All of her practice was going to waste because of one person. She began to wonder if this promotion was more of a curse. She grunted which could mean anything and sat down at a small desk that was presumably hers.
"I am sorry," John said again trying to alleviate some of the tension that had entered the room.
"You don't even know why you should be sorry," CC said bitterly, angry at herself and the whole situation. "Just forget about it all and teach me whatever I need to learn."
He looked at her with an indecipherable expression in his eyes. She averted her gaze and immersed herself in her new duties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:43 am

Pumpkin walked around the department with her hands in her pockets; grinning mostly to herself she looked around in awe at the different witches and wizards she saw, not like she was unfamiliar to them. Humming to herself she, her awe slowly turned to boredom and she began glaring at other people, they had the nerve to stare at her since she was prancing around in muggle clothing. Torn jeans and a button up to be precise. Graduation had not been fun for her; work has doubled even though she moved out from her parents place. Frowning and shrugging off her thoughts she continued meandering down the corridors. Nothing really catching her attention until she saw something that made her do a double take and walked back to the nameplate. “CC?” She mumbled before a huge grin broke out on her face. Glancing around, Pumpkin sniggered to herself before slipping into CC’s office. Looking around she quickly spotted her friend. “C-BEAR!!” She yelled out, jumping up and down on the spot and waving frantically.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:01 am

John was out of the office currently, and CC was working on some research alone when she heard a lot shout. "C-BEAR!!" Only one person called her that name.... She looked up and saw Pumpkin looking disreputable as always standing in the shared office.
"What the unicorn are you doing in here?" she asked. "You didn't get caught doing anything bad did you?" She looked worriedly out the door wondering when her colleague would come back and to see if any aurors were running down the hall trying to catch up with her friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:04 am

She grinned as she walked over to CC and sat up on the edge of her desk. “Me? Trouble? Never.” She winked at her friend and looked around the shared office. “You work here now?” She leaned forward grinning wolfishly and placed her hand between her knees. “Nice place, shared?” She looked over at the other desks with interest and added. “What do you do here anyways?”
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:11 am

"Yes, I work here..." she muttered slightly uncomfortable. Nobody really knew what she had planned to do after graduation; just a faint idea of her trying to become an Unspeakable. The office was pretty bare but comfortable enough for just a few people. Right now it was just her and John occupying it so it was very roomy compared to many of the offices on the floor.
"And yes, it's shared. Me and a guy. We work together to determine cases for the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office. I basically do the grunt work but he gives me leave to follow him to almost everything. Why are you here? In the Ministry?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:20 am

She noticed her friend slight discomfort and fidgeted slightly on her perch. “Oh? With a guy eh?” She waggled her eyebrows at CC. “Replaced me already Princess? You wound me.” She placed a hand over her heart feigning hurt. “But nice to have work and knowing you, you will eventually make it to the top if you want to.” Hearing commotion outside, Pumpkin jumped off CC’s desk and planted a big wet kiss on her cheek. “That’s my cue to leave. I was just looking around. Diagon Alley bored me. Do owl me when you have the chance darling. I would love to catch up some more.” She winked at CC and cracked the door open before slipping out.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:34 am

A wide grin spread across her face after Pumpkin left. To think one of her old friends had randomly shown up at her office, and had gotten away before anyone could find out. Or so she thought. John returned a few minutes after, closed the door, and sat on the edge of his desk. "You do realize friends aren't allowed in the work place, right?" he said staring at her with ice blue eyes.
Her grin had vanished with his reappearance and especially when he closed the door so abruptly. "Are you really going to fault me for an old school friend who I haven't seen in months who randomly appeared in my office and left after just a few minutes?" she asked sharply and heatedly. Why was he being so testy for a one time occurrence?
His blue eyes continued staring steadily and icily into her own. "Be careful around here. Not everyone will accept such a story in this department. You're good because it was the first time this has ever happened with you but it might end up badly if it becomes more common."
And I had thought he could end up being a friend? CC just glared right back at him and then returned to her paperwork. She made a mental note to owl Pumpkin tonight and invite her anytime to her office just to piss off John even more.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:25 am

Another day of work, another day of being under John's supervision. At least she was being entrusted with more and more things. Learning new things had never been a problem for her especially when she was interested in the subject matter.
She had sent a brief note to Pumpkin the night before saying she could visit her office anytime she wanted. Knowing her friend... she would probably pop up again today. John could just deal with the disruption. She had a faint notion of just how immature she was being, but she frankly didn't care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:35 am

Pumpkin strode confidently and arrogantly through the ministry halls. Her formal robes billowed impressively behind her. If she was to sneak into the ministry, she will do it with style. Shoving some random witch aside she sneered at the others and waited for the elevators to arrive. The doors opened on CC's floor, running her hands through her now short hair she made sure that she was presentable. Blinking her eyes in slight irritation due to the green coloured contacts, she briskly made her way over to CC's shared office, checked her appearance to make sure her hair was slicked back and flung open her office doors. "Cassandra." She stepped through with a small smirk on her face.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:43 am

"Cassandra." A voice interrupted her work and she looked up at a smartly dressed green eyed witch. A stranger.
"Yes?" she asked pleasantly wondering what this witch wanted from her. Then something about her face.... Where had she seen this person before? It hit her. Pumpkin. Is this what she looked like sometimes when she was working? A slight widening of her eyes was the only indication that she knew who the witch was. John walked into the office with a file in his hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:48 am

She shrugged off her outer robes and flung it across the back off the chair that was situated in front of CC's desk. She smoothed out her suit before sitting down in the chair. Reaching into her breast pocket, she fished out a business card and handed it over to CC. "Jamie Rosier. At your service." And winked at CC.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:53 am

John sat at his desk and kept reading the file in his hands. Apparently he was more interested in a file than a stranger in the office.
"And what can I do for you today, Jamie?" CC asked with a wink of her own. /This day has just gotten a bit more interesting./
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:59 am

She leaned back into the chair before waving her hand nonchalantly. "I'm not here on business." She crossed her legs and couldn't help the small smirk that played across her face. "I'm usually this direct so do forgive me." She glanced around the room before giving CC her full attention again. "Will you marry me?"
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:07 am

ooc: ......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She almost lost her composure at the question. /Oh, Pumpkin. Never a dull moment./ "Hmm... and what exactly made you come to the conclusion that you wanted to marry me?"
John had stopped flipping pages. Either he was on a difficult passage or he was listening in on the conversation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 am

ooc: I didn't know what else to do...

Pumpkin suddenly turned serious and leaned across CC's desk. "Think about it Cassandra. A Rosier and a Crouch, the things we could do together are limitless." She glanced over at CC's officemate and lowered her voice. "Besides, I've been told that I'm pretty good in the sack." She winked at CC and pushed herself out of the chair. "I even went as far as to getting you a ring." Sauntering around the desk towards CC, she slipped her hand into her pocket and pulled out a colourful and shiny packet.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:21 am

"A ring?" she grabbed for the packet curious. "But you do realize I don't have much to do with the Crouches right?"
John looked up from his pretend reading, an odd expression on his face. Was the game up or was something else upsetting him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:26 am

She quickly pulled the packet out off CC's reach. "Please. Allow me to do the honors." She unwrapped the packet and pulled out a plastic right with a big colorful jeweled hard candy on top. Getting down on one knee in front of CC, she looked up at her innocently and full of hope. "I know. But you still carry the name. But that is beside the point. The point is that... I love you Cassandra Crouch."
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:30 am

"Umm.... a candy ring....?" she said with a slight pout on her face. "With a name like Rosier, you would think it would be a huge diamond or something."
A frown crossed John's face and he walked over to the couple. "Excuse me, but I don't think this is appropriate in a work place."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 am

Her lips twitched in amusement. "It is merely a symbol. I can get you anything you want." She completely ignored the other wizard in the room with them. "So, what do you say? Give me a chance?" She stared up at CC with big watery eyes.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:41 am

"At least date me first," she looked up at John apologetically. She couldn't help it if a random person came in and proposed to her. "And propose again at a later date with a much better ring."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 am

She stood up and sat on the edge of CC's desk. "A date?" She popped the hard candy into her mouth. "You up for lunch?" She ruffled up her hair and pulled out the green contacts. "Irritating pieces of plastic." She growled at them and flicked them into the trash can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry   A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Job, the Return of CC to the forum. Open, assuming you're anywhere near the Ministry
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next