Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High Places Help Me Think [open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Kaila caught Tor's flinch out the corner of her eye. They were only in the begining steps of a relationship, he had to realize. And Devon was her best friend, next to Pumpkin. Kaila would always want to help her friend. The Ravenclaw flinched back a bit at the Slytherin's words. She stared at the ground for a minute, contemplating. "Maybe... Maybe I should just go..." She said a bit quietly.
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:38 pm

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Don't. I'll let you two work it out. I'll leave." And with that Tor left the tower and made his way down to the common room.
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:42 pm

He said nothing as Kaila and then Tor talked. He couldn't. His back was still turned to the couple, the term he would always called them now. He waited for Captain, his Kaila.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:43 pm

"Tor, I-" He was gone before she could even finish. The girl sighed and rubbed her eyes a bit. "Look what you've done..." She muttered to herself. "I'm sorry." She said louder, to Devon.
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 pm

He sighed loudly and slowly turned back to her, the hurt clear on his face. "No... I'm sorry... I shouldn't've said anything like that..." His accent was even more pronounced than usual. "What have I done?" he muttered to himself.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Kaila brushed her hair back from her eyes and put her hands on the parapet, looking over at the view. "Tor's not usually like that... The quick to jump to things like that. I don't know what happened. To both of you." She kept her gaze over the grounds.
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:52 pm

He swallowed hard again and kept watching Kaila. "I think you know what happened to me...." He exhaled frustratedly. "They never answered me! I don't know what I can tell you! I may just spill it all soon."
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Kaila blinked a few times. She turned her gaze over to Devon, watching carefully. Searching. Looking for the right thing, the right words to say. Surely it shouldn't be this hard for someone this clever. "Actually, I don't know. Not really." She said, sighing. She frowned a bit at the next part. "I know... It's just how it works. Trust me, I know."
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:51 am

His jaw clenched and he walked over to be next to her. He couldn't explain it yet. He had to wait a while longer. Whether this was because of his slight distrust of her now, or his own unwillingness to relive it, he didn't know. But they had other things to talk about. "I am sorry for what happened. Especially for the... insinuation that there might be something more between us."
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 am

Kaila kept her steady gaze on Devon for a few moments, watching, waiting. "It's really not your fault I suppose..." She began. She frowned a bit at the next part. "Which reminds me, you've never done anything like that before. 'Insinuate'." She questioned.
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:00 pm

"Because you're different... You're not like the others who would have a quick physical relationship and run off," he said straightforwardly. Truthfully he didn't know how to have any real relationship with anybody. "You're also my closest friend. Why would I our friendship for that? And now...." He swallowed and looked away again not wanting to meet her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:05 pm

Kaila blinked a few times. Different? Well, she was definantly different. Different was good. Different was Ravenclaw. But not everyone liked either of them. "Devon..." She said a bit quietly. "You've never said anything before..."
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:10 pm

"And now that I have?" He turned to look at her slightly hopefully. His heart rate was faster but he was determined not to show her just how nervous he was.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:13 pm

"I..." She sighed a bit and rubbed her eyes. "Devon... It's not that easy anymore. Now, now there's Tor and he..." She let her voice trail, not even sure what she was going to say next. She looked over the parapet to the grounds below, eyes downcast to the lawn, grasping for words.
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 pm

"Oh..." he only said then sighed. Well this is awkward... He didn't even know how to explain how he was feeling. Just... confused was all that could get through his mind. And hurt. Hurt was there too. He followed her gaze down to the lawns unsure what to say next.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:22 pm

The prefect sighed again. "But, if you must know, if you had asked me before. Before him, I would have said yes..." She confessed a bit shyly, playing the fringes of one of her robe sleeves.
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:28 pm

A sudden, horrible thought passed through his mind but he hid it carefully from his eyes. So if he wasn't around..... Instead, he put his hand on her arm, the one fiddling with her sleeve. "I was just too late then. Bad timing on my part." He began making plans in his mind. Devon had cracked under the stress of the past month and what had just happened.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:35 pm

The prefect looked at the hand on her arm and followed the arm up to look at the owner's face. She smiled a bit shyly, glad he understood. "Thank you..." She all but whispered. "For understanding."
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:43 pm

He blinked slightly realizing his thoughts had been on revenge and not understanding. He smiled slightly and nodded. "I'm a pretty understanding guy usually. Just... think about it, alright?" He added. Maybe his half baked plans would never have to be put into motion if she would choose him over Tor.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Captian forwned a bit. "I... I mean, I can't just do something like that though. It wouldn't be fair to Tor... Imagine the situation was reversed, how would you feel?"
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:52 pm

His thoughts tripped themselves up and he looked at her slightly uncertain. Had she guessed what he had been thinking...? But no. Remembering what she had said, he realized she was just trying to appeal to his better nature. Does that even exist anymore? Devon didn't say anything, just shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:55 pm

"I'm sorry..." She said for the umpteenth time, rubbing her eyes a bit again, exasperated. After Devon had initially disapeared, Kaila feared she would never see him again. But now, after his return, she felt stirrings she had long since forgotten. But she couldn't quite forget a tall blonde Bulgarian boy hanging at the edge of her mind.
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:03 pm

He sighed again deciding to work on his plans of revenge against Tor some other time. "Don't be sorry. We can't help feelings," he said softly and hugged her suddenly. "Even those that may hurt someone else."
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Kaila leaned back against the Slytherin boy's chest as he hugged her, staying there, quietly for a few moments. She flinched mildly at his words. She never wanted to hurt him... No, never him. Never Devon. He had enough hurt. But she couldn't hurt Tor either.
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:18 pm

He couldn't help but smile as she leaned into him. This was all he wanted. Kaila in his arms. Bitterness at his uncle overwhelmed him. If none of that had happened, Kaila would be completely his. He would have been able to counter Tor. Devon was the better man and right for the blonde Ravenclaw. At least, that is what Devon kept telling himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Places Help Me Think [open]   High Places Help Me Think [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Places Help Me Think [open]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next